Cedar Hills Pub Bartender - #1343394
REPORTS TO: MANAGER
FLSA CLASS: Hourly Non-Exempt
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
In general, every bartender will be asked to handle every task from opening to closing of the bar. Duties include but are not limited to; Serving food, pouring and serving beer, wine and spirits, operating a cash register and/or a POS system, waiting on and bussing tables, doing dishes, restocking supplies, general cleaning, completing the books after shifts, and most importantly maintaining customer relations. Bartenders are also responsible for all cashiering duties. Being a bartender can be hard physical work and requires mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment and work in smoking and non-smoking environments. A bartender must also have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties as assigned by the Manager on duty.
Requirements of the Job:
- Obtain and maintain current food handlers and OLCC/WA liquor license
- Previous bartending experience preferred
- Knowledge of wine and spirits preferred
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Ability to accurately handle cash and work with numbers
- A flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provide excellent customer service and produce high quality beverages for customers
- Safely practice heavy lifting and carrying with the help of another person if necessary
- Must have a value for diversity and the ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a high volume and deadline oriented environment
- Ability to accurately follow drink specs and recipes
- Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking, and stair climbing
- Perform repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
- Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, computer keyboard usage, writing, chopping and use of kitchen equipment and sharp objects including knives & slicers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors, and customers
- Work with and around chemicals used in cleaning and sanitizing.
- Complete miscellaneous side work as directed by manager on duty
- Complete dishwashing duties as needed
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude, a value for diversity, and a commitment to excellent customer service. Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume