SQL Database Administrator - Advanced - #1671864
Na Oiwi Kane
Job Title: SQL Database Administrator - Advanced -4367
Job Location: Huntsville, AL 35898
Galapagos Federal Systems LLC is looking for an enthusiastic, well-qualified individual to fill the Advanced-level SQL Database Administrator position and to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The SQL Database Administrator is responsible for the comprehensive management of databases, encompassing their maintenance, support, design, creation, and security. This role involves rigorous quality control and auditing to ensure data integrity, organizing and securing data to facilitate access for authorized users while implementing advanced measures against data breaches. Additionally, the administrator is tasked with performing regular database tests, troubleshooting user issues, integrating legacy databases, and implementing updates to enhance efficiency and performance, thereby playing a crucial role in managing and protecting the information stored within our customers databases.
Skills / Experience Required
- 6 years professional IT experience
- Proficient in designing, developing, and managing SQL databases, including schema design and query optimization
- Skilled in tuning database performance, optimizing SQL queries, and indexing strategies to ensure efficient data retrieval and processing
- Knowledgeable in implementing robust backup and recovery strategies to protect data integrity and minimize downtime during data loss events
- Expertise in database security practices, including managing user access, implementing encryption, and safeguarding against other security threats
- Ability to quickly diagnose and resolve database-related issues, ensuring minimal impact on system performance and user experience
- Knowledge of implementing database replication and high availability solutions to ensure continuous data accessibility
- Strong communication skills for effective collaboration with IT teams and stakeholders, and for providing technical support and training to end-users
- Capable of managing database projects, including planning, executing, monitoring, and closing projects in alignment with organizational goals
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree (Strongly desired) in computer science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering degree or degree in Mathematics or Engineering Relevant industry experience may be considered in lieu of formal education for this position
- DOD 8570.01 IAT II certification required to start (e.g, Security+)
- DODM 8140.03 advanced level certification will be required before government deadline (Advanced: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSP-ISSAP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (CISSP-ISSEP))
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid federal holidays
Must be a U.S. Citizen. A high-level Department of Defense active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to government information.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time and typing and reading from a computer screen. The candidate must have enough mobility, including bending, reaching, and kneeling, to complete daily duties in a prompt and efficient manner and that may include lifting to thirty pounds, as necessary.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified Native Hawaiian Organization 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects found around the world, our team has innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technological solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Company Employment Statement
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing as positions, functions, and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!