Certified Tumor Registrar Non RN PRN Cancer Center - #1671904
Memorial Medical Center
Who We Are
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Memorial Medical Center is a 199-bed hospital offering a spectrum of care, including diagnostic, therapeutic, and rehabilitative services, both on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Where We Are
From national parks and monuments to one of the top-rated farmer’s markets in the country, Las Cruces offers a world filled with natural wonder, year-round excitement, and historic proportions of fun. We are known for our safe and affordable living conditions, outstanding educational system, and friendly people.
Why Choose Us
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- And much more…
Abstracts appropriate data from the cancer patient medical record in accordance with the NM State Guidelines and American College of Surgeons. Responsible for case finding and abstracting core data items that include pertinent information about the patient, the cancer, and its management into the ERS system, and processing patients who have been re-admitted for follow-up and continuation of treatment. Forwards appropriate information to the State. Communicates with physicians, allied health professionals and other registrars. Prepares reports and participates on on-site reviews.
Adheres to the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) guidelines and requirements for approved Cancer Registry New Mexico Department of Health requirements in terms of timeliness and completeness of reporting. Conducts statistical analyses related to the collection of data. Maintains and provides statistics for patient care evaluations and research. Plays an active role in Tumor Boards by preparing case information, recording minutes of the conferences and assuring ACoS requirements for cancer conference are adhered to.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Must possess an undergraduate degree in Biology or related field such as Public Health, Medical Records, or Nursing and/or successful completion of a recognized tumor/cancer registry training program.
- Minimum Experience: Two to four years of experience is preferred. Must possess knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, demonstrated mastery of data abstraction techniques. Must have knowledge of site specific tumor biology, staging, and treatment required.
- Certification/Licensure: Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) required.
Memorial Medical Center is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran