Pool Service Bar, Bar Apprentice (Seasonal) - #1671911
Fontainebleau Las Vegas
Under the guidance of experienced Bartenders and the Bar Manager, the Bar Apprentice will be exposed to the world of crafting cocktails, providing exceptional guest experiences, and mastering the operations of a busy bar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Work closely with experienced bartenders to learn the art of mixing and serving a wide variety of cocktails, mocktails, and specialty drinks
- Assist in preparing and garnishing drinks, ensuring accuracy and adherence to recipes and quality standards
- Help with bar preparation and organization before service hours, including stocking the bar with supplies and maintaining a clean and tidy workspace
- Greet guests warmly, provide them with menus, and offer recommendations on drinks based on their preferences
- When needed, serve drinks to guests promptly and efficiently, ensuring excellent presentation and adherence to service standards
- Assist in processing cash and credit card transactions for drink orders and accurately handling money
- Help in cleaning and maintaining the bar area during and after service hours, including washing glassware, cleaning bar surfaces, and restocking supplies
- Continuously seek to expand your knowledge of spirits, mixology techniques, and the bar menu
- Follow all local alcohol service laws and regulations, as well as bar policies, to ensure responsible alcohol service
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to or modified as deemed necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A genuine interest in learning about cocktails, spirits, and mixology techniques is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor to provide excellent customer service to our guests
- Ability to stand for extended periods and lift heavy objects such as boxes of supplies
- A keen eye for detail in drink preparation and presentation to maintain high-quality standards
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other bar staff to create a cohesive and efficient team
- Must meet the legal age requirement for handling and serving alcoholic beverages
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, holidays, and weekends
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas is committed to ensuring an inclusive space and sense of belonging for our Members. We believe our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be intentionally integrated into our work. We foster a culture of difference and diversity of identity, experience, and perspective, while actively striving for inclusive behaviors across our Company. By promoting these values and continuously pushing for better, we aim to create a positive work environment that encourages equality, inclusion, empowerment, and respect.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Member must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Member is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers to handle or utilize objects, tools, or controls. The Member frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Member could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted secondhand tobacco smoke.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas believes in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented Members who are the driving force behind the Company's success. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill set, considering a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as internal equity and market data alignment.
In alignment with our Company culture, we will strive to communicate openly about the goals of the Company and the design of the compensation program. The compensation process is designed to be fair and simple so that all Members and managers understand the Company's goals and future career development opportunities for upward mobility.
$21.40 per hour