Store Manager - #1671920
Jo-Ann Stores, LLC
The Store Manager&s responsibility is first and foremost to drive sales, but they also act as an inspirational leader and role model for their team. This individual coaches, develops and inspires the team so everyone is aligned with JOANN&s overall mission and vision. The Store Manager empowers their team and creates a positive environment, for both customers and team members. Through their team, the Store Manager will achieve store financial goals and ensure every customer is finding their Happy Place at JOANN!
- Develops long-lasting customer relationships by identifying and anticipating customers’ needs.
- Connects with the greater community and acts as a brand ambassador for JOANN.
- Motivates, coaches, and inspires the team and ensures they are the best possible brand ambassadors.
- Stays adept at knowing the product and staying curious on new merchandise and trends.
- Communicates new initiatives, leadership messages, and promotions.
- Ensures impeccable execution of operational policies and procedures.
- Coaches and inspires the team to drive sales by exceeding customer expectations.
- Builds strategic plans and provides the necessary tools for the team to achieve KPIs.
- Required to enter and exit truck beds to remove freight.
- Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company procedures.
- Leads Buy Online Pick Up in Store (BOPIS), ensuring order completion and company standards maintained.
- Communicates Planogram (POG) set within the store and ensures accuracy according to company standards.
- Continually stays informed on industry trends and seeks out ways to stay relevant in the marketplace.
- Able to cope with change and shift direction as needed.
- Drives sales by continually analyzing reports and identifying trends. Creates strategies to achieve both individual and store goals.
- Utilizes the FAST model to consistently deliver sales plan and company objective.
- Mentors and inspires the team to enhance the overall store’s performance.
- Creates a model for continuous learning while promoting teamwork and appreciation throughout the team.
- Develops in-store talent by creating succession plans and effectively managing performance.
- Networks, recruits, hires to staffing needs, and trains team members using the onboarding tools provided.
- Demonstrate a “customer first” service focus.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills/proficient written and verbal communication abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of retail financials and the ability to manage a P&L line-by-line.
- Naturally curious and inquisitive nature with a desire to learn and grow.
- Self-starter who promotes action and maintains sense of urgency to achieve results.
Applicable laws may place restrictions on a Store Manager&s ability to perform certain work duties listed in this job description. Please contact your manager if you have any questions regarding the limitations on the duties you can perform.
Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
Orally communicate with customers and other team members on consistent basis throughout their shift
Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
Bend down and reach above head.
Climb and descend ladder.
Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97 pounds (under 2lb on a constant basis, 10lb on a frequent basis, 10lb-49lb on an occasional basis, and 50lb-97lb group lifts on an infrequent basis)
Full supervision of a multi-unit store including all personnel and budgeting.
Available to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent
Education Preferred: Bachelor&s degree in related field.
Experience Minimum: 3-5 years of retail leadership experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to multi-task different areas of responsibility
- Ability to manage a store budget and labor levels.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a store.
- Ability to recruit and train new talent.
- Adaptable and &change-management& focused
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Superior customer service skills and &customer-first& mindset
- Proficiency with inventory management software and POS software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
This position will be located at:2330 E 3300 S Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Eligibility for benefits and incentives is dependent upon employment status. JOANN offers the following benefits and incentives to eligible Team Members:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit plans
- Company-paid basic, Optional, and Dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability and Company-paid Short-term disability
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with an employer % match and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Discount
For more details on benefits and eligibility requirements, Click Here or visit https://joann.myben.site/
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.