Technical Writer/Cybersecurity (NMMES) - #1671934
Imagine One Technology & Management, Ltd.
Job Code: 16378757
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Imagine One is seeking a Technical Writer to support the Cybersecurity component of a large Navy project. Work for the Navy is associated with the development, fielding and support of a large family of shore-based maintenance applications. Work will be performed on-site in Norfolk, Virginia.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS, IDENTIFYING BOTH ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL DUTIES:
Create, update, and enhance cybersecurity strategies, plans, policies and procedures in order to maintain and improve client cybersecurity posture
- Participates in the development and implementation of enterprise-level (Command, Service, DoD, or Federal Government-wide) policy directives, task orders, and other guidance materials.
- Collaborates in development and maintenance of cybersecurity policies and procedures in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance and Risk Management Framework (RMF) best practices.
- Identifies policy gaps and policy changes required to maintain compliance in accordance with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Presents periodic progress reports and obtains customer concurrence with format and content.
- Reviews materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail and demonstrated proficiency in reviewing, managing, and editing technical documents.
- Expert ability to create documents that capture security engineering requirements, standard operating procedures and processes, as well as knowledge articles and HOWTO guides
- Demonstrate ability to understand software applications and apply knowledge into the creation of User Guides, process maps, and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products – including on Word, Power Point and Excel software
- Ability to create and follow schedules to meet customer and internal delivery deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Three or more years of experience of technical writing and/or policy development
- US citizenship
- Secret clearance
Nice to Have:
- Comptia Security+ certification
- Visio experience / working knowledge
- RMF and IT compliance experience
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publication 800 series
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate must have an ACTIVE SECRET clearance
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! Imagine One is an Employee-Owned Company!
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!