Contingent Classroom Facilitator (Immediate) - #1671935
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose —college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
The Contingent Classroom Facilitator (CCF) position is a full-time position. This position is essential to the rhythm of our schools and students' classroom experience. The ideal CCF should enjoy driving student instruction and classroom engagement in the absence of a long term or certified teacher. We believe our little KIPPsters deserve the best classroom experience and this position will assist us in filling any academic gaps in the interim of a teacher or long term classroom vacancy. KIPP Texas is committed to assisting in the training and development of any CCF and will offer coaching cycles that will address areas of assistance needed during your time serving our students.
● Maintaining as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classrooms to which you are assigned
● Executing daily academic facilitation of classroom lessons plans in alignment with the schools curriculum during the duration of the assignment
● CCFs are required to attend all school level Professional development/ Weekly Meetings and CCF Regional Meetings as assigned..
● Assuming responsibility for overseeing student safety and behavior in class and at other times during the school day as requested
● Maintaining appropriate student behavior at all times throughout the school day for assigned students
● Contingent Classroom Facilitator may be required to record grades, complete lesson plans, tests etc. per the assigned campus
● Attendance is essential for compliance purposes, CCFs are required to record student attendance daily.
● Willing to offer support to and receive constructive feedback from teachers and administrators in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
● Treating information about students and staff with the utmost confidence and confidentiality
● Ability to commute to schools within a 15 mile radius of your assigned base location for critical sub needs and a willingness to commute beyond in extreme circumstances
● Exhibits flexibility regarding any changes to daily assignments in order to support the immediate needs of the school (Example; Hall Monitoring, clerical, lunch room duty, after school duty etc.)
● Utilizing the practices and procedures in the Team & Family Handbook distributed annually by KIPP Texas Public Schools, specifically abiding by CCF Attendance Policy
● Reports to assigned base locations daily on time (no later than 15 min. late will be allowed). Contingent Classroom Facilitators cannot be late to their assigned duty more than 3 times for the school year. It is required notification of late arrival or early dismissal to managers on all occasions.
● 60+ credit hours from an accredited college or university required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Experience working with children in an educational setting (student teaching, after school program, etc.), min. 1 plus year required
● Valid or progress towards a Texas teaching certificate in a core subject, preferred Competencies
● Unwavering commitment to KIPP Texas’s mission, students, families, and community
● Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with students in educationally underserved communities
● Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
● Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
● Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students
Compensation and Benefits:
As a KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas’ benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, as well as life insurance and disability plans.
The Contingent Classroom Facilitator will be funded directly from the Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief (ESSER) grants awarded by the Texas Education Agency under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (ESSER II) and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ESSER III). This position will be funded solely (100%) from the ESSER II and III allocation for direct expenses through September 30, 2023, and may continue to be funded through September 30, 2024, depending upon the availability of ESSER grant funds. At the end of the grant period this position may be eliminated unless other sources of funds are secured to maintain this position or a similar position. The
employee must sign this job description acknowledging receipt of the job description and signing their acknowledgement that this position is grant funded and is temporarily aligning with the terms of the grant period.