Business/Financial Analyst - Fort Worth, TX - #1671951
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
Business/Financial Analyst - Fort Worth, TX in GAC Fort Worth
Desired Aerospace and/or MRO experience. Experience collaborating with plant leadership in financial discussions, contract pricing, and contract experience a plus. Strong financial analysis skills, including demonstrated experience developing business cases, month-end reporting, forecasting, and proposal reviews. Strong systems aptitude (PowerBI, SharePoint, BOBJ) and Excel expertise. Track record of process improvements and streamlining self-work. Expectation for this role is to be the finance representative for the whole repair and overhaul service center and P&L in Fort-Worth, Texas.
Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 6 years increasing financial responsibility. Working understanding of GAAP. Advanced degree may be used to reduce work experience by 2 years. Advanced degree or certification desirable.
Coordinates with accounting on actual results, ensuring accuracy of financial statements and compliance with SARBOX reporting requirements. Provides in depth ongoing analysis and reporting of operational performance, actual performance versus budgets and forecasts, and analysis as required. in support of assigned business areas, as well as understanding of and recommendations to resolve risks and opportunities. Provides leadership in supporting and advising operational business units and corresponding financial management on business area financial matters
Education and Experience Requirements
Job DescriptionPrinciple Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Facilitates annual budget development to include underlying assumptions, development of staffing and revenue/margin/expense plans to meet business targets.
- Monitors actual expenditures against budgets and evaluates variances; generates comparative and trend analysis reports. Includes identification of root causes and corrective actions. Performs analysis as required. to ensure accuracy of financial statements in assigned product lines.
- Develops appropriate reporting mechanisms to communicate results in a meaningful manner to operational and financial management.
- Continually evaluates financial process to identify and implement continuous process improvements, both in support of operations and with financial processes. Capture and report savings as appropriate.
- Analyzes financial performance versus budget/ business plan, including identification of root causes and corrective actions.
- Prepares reports related to operational or strategic initiatives; analyzes significant variances from planned or forecasted results and provides interpretative comments and recommendations to management.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards. May contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
Requisition Number: 216253
Posting Type: Internal-External
Department: J7413-AFW Finance
Percentage of Travel: None
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of Openings: 1
Posting End Date: 02/16/2024
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright 2023 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft #LI-GS1