Market Manager Northeast Arkansas - #1671952
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role provides Sales and Marketing leadership, direction and management for locations across an agronomic growing area or within specifically designated key strategic geographies for Simplot Grower Solutions. This role will report directly to the Area Manager and work with Area Operations Managers and local Supervisors to establish operational efficiencies in addition to directing the collective efforts of the sales and marketing staff assigned to the location(s). It is pivotal in assisting SGS Management in achieving its long-term customer, market and business objectives through commitment, leadership and innovation. This role’s primary responsibility will be to focus efforts on recruiting, training and developing the success of Crop Advisors and promoting the ITA platform.
- Overall responsibility of inventory control; compliance with HR, safety, DOT requirements, and environmental controls. Obtain a tactical focus as well as a strategic focus with regards to staffing patterns, budgeting, expense control, operations, facility improvements, record keeping, equipment and asset deployment.
- Responsible for performance management and provides leadership to all direct reports as well as provides assistance for their staff. Build an effective team through recruitment, selection, coaching, development and training. Establish accountability with and monitor progress of direct reports.
- Responsible to provide guidance to the Area Operations Manager & Area Manager regarding the capital investments of the market & to maximize productivity in supporting the sales & marketing function. Provide guidance to ensure optimum utilization of all capital assets in achievement of strategic direction & business goals. Oversee deployment of resources between SGS Locations (and beyond geographic area as appropriate) to assure maximum utilization, cost effectiveness & efficiency. Provide mentoring to Direct Reports in striking the proper balance between profitability, financial return & risk.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving key financial targets and goals as determined by SGS Management. Maximize and manage overall sales and business development activities at SGS Locations. In conjunction with direct reports and other team members (technology, national accounts, operations, business development, field services, and peer positions), implement marketing strategies, philosophies, policies, sales objectives and tactics. Directs geographic area in preparation of forecasts, business plans and monitors performance.
Typical EducationBachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- 5+ years related experience and/or training in agricultural sales.
- Agricultural sales management experience highly preferred.
- Agriculture retail experience highly preferred.
Knowledge of the local agriculture industry; agronomic sales, procurement and logistics systems; of crop nutrition, crop protection, technology, specialty and seed product offerings. Ability to effectively manage people and assets within the context of a diverse and growing agronomic marketplace.
Job Requisition ID: 15470
Travel Required: Up to 75%
Location(s): Remote - USA
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. **