Dispatcher - #1671953
WillScot | Mobile Mini
At WillScot Mobile Mini (NASDAQ WSC), our 4000+ people are at the heart of everything we do. In addition to providing industry-leading pay and benefits, we provide opportunities for development and upward mobility, while investing in the communities we serve. We are the undisputed leader in providing innovative ﬂexible workspace and portable storage solutions, serving an incredible range of customers across all industries from 240+ locations across the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Our values are our foundation. We constantly strive to diversify our teams to ensure we have the best and brightest talent. We’re deeply committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace where each person can contribute while being their authentic self. For more about WillScot Mobile Mini and who we are, click here. Build your future with us!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Dispatcher will own all aspects of the transactional logistics schedule and office responsibilities for their assigned territory including supervised personnel. They will be a key decision maker in determining which transportation means (in-house or vendor partners), is optimal for both cost and time efficiency for delivery, return, installation, service, removal or relocation of units. This position will have direct impact on key performance metrics such as on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, office management and team planning. A successful Dispatcher will adhere to WSMM safety policies, relevant state and regional laws and regulations. The Dispatcher will maintain excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, strive for high customer satisfaction and excel in WSMM Core Values of Collaboration, Empowerment, Excellence, and Innovation.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Environment, Health & Safety
- Conducts business in compliance with all Environmental Health & Safety Policies.
- Conducts periodic safety meetings as well as updating safety documents and logs.
- Manages employee health and safety through creating a safe workplace with Safety Save, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments.
- Ensures operating standards are conducted; supported by robust training and communication actions
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provides direct and indirect managerial oversight by assigning tasks, daily assignments and other daily duties to include, as applicable:
Field Service Techs
Set Up Crews
- This role will manage tasks, daily assignments and other daily duties for temporary workers and contractors as appropriate.
- This role owns DOT compliance within an assigned territory
Fleet & Efficient Use of Resources
- Sets daily/weekly/monthly priorities for the team
- Schedule and assigns in-house or vendor drivers in direct support of 100% on-time pick-up and delivery targets and achievement of delivery & installation profit margin
- Schedules and assigns services and maintenance calls supporting customers on rent
- Reviews next day/week/month deliveries and pick-ups and develops a dispatch plan
- Load level volume with end to end customer communication
- Create and receive purchase orders for all transport vendors; arrange for permits, and set up pilot cars and escorts where required for delivery, return, and relocation of unit
- Coordinate employees, or vendors and contractors for timely completion of complex installation and removal
- Monitors digital tracking to update customer orders, delivery schedules, and communicate with customers, WS employees & vendors
- Ensures Drivers collect appropriate documentation and signatures related to delivery/pick-up of units
- Ensure drivers document damages at retrieval and return
- Monitors and documents DVIR and preventative maintenance files
- Ensures all daily/weekly/monthly paperwork is completed, recorded and filed
- The ability to tracks drivers / venders through digital applications for on time excellence
- Works to schedule deliveries/pick-ups outside of current dispatch schedule as appropriate
- Assists Drivers in change of schedule or route issues, when necessary
- Communicates with customers to assist in scheduling daily/weekly/month activities
- Confirm site readiness, delivery access and permitting
- Define and maintain office/administrative procedures. Act as local coordinator and/or point of contact for branch activities such as time keeping/payroll, accounts payable/receivable, purchase orders, filing, and reception duties
- May manage one or more Branch Administrative employees
- Review Drivecam coaching opportunities and take action as necessary
- Conducts performance discussions and training
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma, GED, or 3 years of applicable experience
- 2 years’ work experience
- 2 years’ experience managing one or more employees
- OR 1 year of experience with WillScot Mobile Mini
- MS Office/Excel/Word/Outlook experience
- Experience working directly with customers by phone and email
- Strong customer service orientation, active listening, excellent oral/written communication
- Ability follow direction and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience applying creativity to problem-solving
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with vendors through open, proactive communication
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- 3 years logistic experience
- Scheduling, route planning and optimization
- Familiarity with CRM system or other contact management platform
- Salesforce experience
- Familiarity with DOT compliance and vehicle telematics
- Hours of Service regulations, Electronic Logging Devices, permitting, etc.
- Experience working with outside vendors, including pricing and schedule negotiations
- Lead by example through living our values:
- Dedicated to Health & Safety
- Committed to Inclusion & Diversity
- Driven to Excellence
- Trustworthy & Reliable
- Devoted to Our Customers
- Community Focused
Disclaimer: This posting describes the general nature and level of work performed and does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required. Collaboration and teamwork drive our success. Team members may be required to perform duties outside normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
WillScot Mobile Mini provides equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
WillScot Mobile Mini embraces diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. We are focused on building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, lived experiences, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the stronger we will be!