Robotic Process Automation Specialist - #1671960
King County’s Finance and Business Operations Division, Procurement & Payables section, is seeking a Robotic Process Automation Specialist (Functional Analyst 1)!
This recruitment is to fill a Term-Limited Temporary (TLT) position. The TLT is anticipated to end in August 2025. If filled by a King County employee who has passed their initial probation, the TLT will be a Special Duty Assignment.
This position is responsible for delivering technical automation solutions to free employees from repetitive tasks, allowing them to focus on strategic and complex projects, programs and initiatives. They will identify, prioritize, and deliver code automations based on business requirements in collaboration with IT business analysts and technical subject matter expert resources. Projects will include business process improvements and engaging functional experts to understand end to end processes. The RPA specialist will be involved in the full project management lifecycle, including pre-project estimation, feasibility assessments, RPA development, unit testing, user acceptance testing and hypercare post go-live support.
This position requires an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, problem solving skills and a passion for innovation. An individual willing to take calculated risks while serving as an advocate, consensus builder and champion for the discipline and benefits of RPAs.
Scope of Job Duties: To be considered for this opportunity, you must at a minimum, demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to:
- Design, develop, test, and monitor automated workflows to ensure business process functions at optimum efficiency without risk of error.
- Develop, drive and deliver one or more solution components from project inception through its delivery in close collaboration with cross-team members.
- Ensure solution design and implementation is in compliance with IT standards and policies
- Develop process automations using MSFT Power Automate, UiPath, Alteryx, and/or other automation technology.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with solution.
- Produce process documentation; document solution decisions across impacted applications.
- Working knowledge of software engineering principles and practices;
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques;
- Understanding of AI and M concepts; exposure to ChatGPT or similar;
- Experience scripting with HTML, Java Script, and/or similar scripting languages;
- Experience with RDMS/NOSQL databases, stored procedures, and SQL/similar;
- Experience in Microsoft Power Apps (both Canvas and Model view applications), PowerBI, SharePoint, Dataverse, OneDrive, Power Automate, Forms and Teams;
- Ability to implement a solution design using patterns and latest technologies and troubleshoot technical issues;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, writing and customer service skills;
- Intermediate level of technology proficiency using MS Office Productivity tools in your daily work;
- Ability to manage your time and adapt to changing priorities, work on multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, meet quick deadlines, and produce timely and quality work products;
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
We would love it if you have:
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in data architecture
- Process workflow visualization skills in tools such as VISIO
- Experience with LEAN processes and principles
- Experience with SharePoint, MS Teams and other collaborative online tools
The Procurement & Payables Section is part of the larger Finance and Business Operations Division portfolio of countywide services. FBOD’s vision “Count on Us” reflects the division’s deep-seated commitment to customer success, equity, employee engagement, resource stewardship, and operational excellence. If these values align with your own, please apply and join FBOD for a rewarding career!
- Work Site Details: The work associated with this position will primarily be remote with time in office as needed.
- Location Requirement: Employees must reside in Washington state and within a reasonable distance to their King County worksite to respond to workplace reporting requirements.
- Work Schedule: This position is Non-Exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and therefore is overtime eligible. Employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule, every other Thursday, comprising a 40-hour workweek; normally 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Union Representation: This position is not represented.
The Application/Selection Process:
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates. A completed King County Application is required. Applicants from this recruitment may be used to fill future opportunities in this job classification. We highly recommend that you also provide a resume and cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum qualifications and why you are interested in this position
The selection process typically consists of a phone screen, video interview, and reference checking. For some positions the process may also include skill testing, writing samples or additional interviews. Candidates will be updated on the status of their application via the email address used to apply
Note: Online applications are preferred. However, if you cannot apply online, go to www.kingcounty.gov/jobs for other options.
If you have any questions or concerns while applying, please contact:
Caitlyn Prouty, Recruiter
Email: [email protected]
Forbes named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles - we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact the recruiter listed on this job announcement.