Project Lead Energy Innovation - Michigan - #1671966
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
The Project Lead Energy Innovation is responsible for successfully planning and executing project tasks within the production innovation section. In this position, you would develop ideas through business case and program launch plans for transforming industry solution and manage the day-to-day operations of a program directed at providing energy efficiency education and market transformation to utility customers and contractors.
What You'll do
- Project Lead for researching Market trends, customer trends, underserved segments, new products and provide recommendations to management team for funding and further piloting
- Research existing industry knowledge and develop case studies and recommendations to fill industry gaps or serve underperforming customer segments.
- Analyze growth opportunities of emerging Energy Waste Reduction (EWR) technologies
- Conduct or coordinate customer feedback instruments to evaluate incubated ideas on short cycle
This position supports major accounts across the state of Michigan.
What we offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
DNV is a proud equal-opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment Department ([email protected]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
- Experience in task coordination and daily operations on projects
- Manage performance of subcontractors
- Budget management and tracking of performance against goals
- Execute strategies for achieving program goals and metrics
- Facilitate analysis of energy efficiency products
- Coordinate implementation of Energy Efficiency Products/Services with customers; on-site visits and customer engagement
- Review and process invoices
- Develop recommendations to improve the program as needed
- Deliver presentations/trainings to a variety of stakeholders including utility clients, customers, community organizations, trade allies on energy efficient technologies and program incentives
- Preparation of written reports
What is Required
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Strong project coordination skills
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills for customer/client and contractor communication
- Experience delivering presentations or other public forums
- Budget and data management experience
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proactively seeks to identify real customer needs and manages customer expectations accordingly
- Team player with positive attitude and ability to work effectively with different teams
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 15% of the time
- Physical Requirements – position will require onsite inspections and walking of the customer’s locations.
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*