1st shift STTT Product Support (EOL) - Athens, GA - #1671977
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Are you ready to build what matters? Build More Than Machines . Build a Career .
Watch our video to see our Athens Team build top-of-the-line excavators and tractors.
While working in Product Support at Caterpillar Inc., you will test for proper operation and quality issues of machines, performing necessary rework and repair when issues are found.
In this role you may be expected to:
- Perform rework on quality defects that cannot be immediately addressed on the assembly line.
- Support Design Engineers by gathering data for research and evaluations, by conducting technically complex teardowns and assembly of BCP components/equipment.
- Gather assembly defect data
- Catalogue quality issues into a computer system and flag defects for repair.
- Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties and may include the use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs.
- Conduct assembly on new product introductions according to Engineering schematics.
- Monitor CAT computer systems to conduct hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, or other component tests.
- Conduct additional diagnostics and analysis to identify defects and quality issues that are more complex.
- Record failures and communicates to relevant personnel as appropriate.
- Must have some heavy equipment manufacturing assembly experience
- Extensive knowledge of hand tools including proper use
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in working with standard work
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in knowledge of Standard Assembly tools and their applications
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Willing and able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Willing and able to perform repetitive operations
- Willing and able to lift to 35 lbs.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Microsoft Office applications
- Blueprint reading experience
- Major repair experience
- At least 3 years of mechanical repair experience
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in areas related to machine repair including Electrical, Hydraulics, and/or Pneumatics
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in mechanical analysis
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in recognizing or describing the mechanical functions and specifications of products and/or parts
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Equipment Diagnostics
- Experience in machine or engine performance monitoring or analysis including identifying, evaluating, documenting, communicating, and correcting specific condition related, engineering related, or workmanship deficiencies related mechanical issues
- Experience mechanical hydraulics and control systems
- Electrical/Mechanical experience
- Maintenance/repair experience
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. Failure to provide a resume may result in application not being considered. This is a 1st shift hourly position starting at $20.47/hr. Successful candidates must pass an online assessment prior to interview.
1st Shift: Monday-Thursday, 6 am – 4:30 pm
**Role requires overtime as needed to support business needs.**Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Posting Dates:February 12, 2024 - February 21, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community .