Program Director - #1671981
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.About Energy Systems
We help customers navigate the complex transition to a decarbonized and more sustainable energy future. We do this by assuring that energy systems work safely and effectively, using solutions that are increasingly digital. We also help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry
About the role
Would you like be part of a team that strives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy usage? Would you enjoy leading a high performance interdisciplinary team of professionals who are committed to solving climate challenges?
Then you may find our Program Director position to be a great fit for you!
DNV - Energy North America is seeking a Program Director with experience in program implementation and business development, primarily in demand side management (Energy Efficiency and Demand Response) and distributed energy resources (DER); including distributed generation and electric vehicles in the utility space. This person will be expected to manage a team of DER professionals and support program planning, development and implementation; including managing the planning tasks associated with large, on-going projects and developing new projects.
The position will provide strategic consulting to clients and increase the current client base in California.
The position will be based out of California. Preferred location Oakland, or San Diego, CA
What You'll Do
- Manage energy efficiency programs, ensuring contract compliance, goal achievement, budget management, quality assurance, strong staff performance, and operational efficiency. This includes creating detailed plans and monitoring performance goals as well as the coordination of resources necessary for successful performance
- Work cooperatively with team members to identify potential sponsors for new and existing programs. This includes working with contract and procurement managers to negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Oversee various functional groups that deliver DER program components in outreach, marketing, engineering, administration and business analytics.
- Provide strategic guidance to clients across the nation and work with local teams to integrate new program concepts and solutions that meet changing customer needs.
- Manage forecasting and system reporting. Prepare clearly written and well documented reports and proposals
- Recruit, orient, train, and mentor staff and/or project partners to ensure effective project management. This includes developing strategies to help staff feel connected to the programs goals
- Work with DNV support staff and subject matter experts to integrate innovations into existing client program offerings
- Serve as leader for communicating and implementing corporate policy initiatives
- Develop and champion new initiatives to senior management
- Stay current and understand the impact of both state and federal regulations
What we offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Charitable Matched Giving and Volunteer Rewards through our Impact Program
- Volunteer time off (VTO) paid by the company
- Career advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal-opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment Department ([email protected]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
DNV is proud to announce being named one of Houston’s best places to work in the 2022 Houston Business Journal – Best Places to Work competition.
For more information
Read more here
Diversity and inclusion in everything we do every day - DNV
Meet our employees - DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
About youWhat Is Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or other related fields. Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of five years program management experience, ideally focused on energy-efficiency and distributed energy resource program management and acquisition preferred
- A minimum five years of experience leading a high performance team
- A minimum of five years of client or relationship management with strong business development acumen
- Proven track record of business development, proposal writing, program design, and contract negotiations
- A proven track record in the demand side management field, along with project management experience
- Ability to effectively handle client and internal communications involving sensitive issues
- Strong budget management experience
- Solid written and verbal English communication skills as demonstrated by experience with presentations, report-writing, papers or other public forums
- Computer skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 30% of the time
- Critical thinking skills with strategic foresight
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example, visa sponsorship, are NOT available for this position**