Entry Level Hospital Services Technician - #1671987
$16.15/hr, Daylight Shift, NO WEEKENDS and Great Benefits:
Stericycle is a U.S. based business-to-business services company and leading provider of compliance-based solutions that protects people and brands, promotes health and well-being, and safeguards the environment. Since our founding over 30 years ago, we have grown from a small start-up in medical waste management into a leader across a range of increasingly complex and highly regulated arenas, serving healthcare organizations and commercial businesses of every size. Every day, we help our customers solve complex challenges by safely managing materials that could otherwise spread disease, contaminate the environment, or compromise one’s identity. Join us on our mission to protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Hospital Services Technicians travel between customer healthcare facilities providing on-site proactive collection and exchange of waste containers for various Stericycle programs, including but not limited to: Sharps Management Service, Pharmaceutical Waste, Controlled Substances, and Document Management. This service is provided at regularly scheduled intervals for assigned facilities.
Key Job Activities:
Travels between customer healthcare facilities to proactively monitor, collect, and exchange waste containers for various Stericycle programs and services, including but not limited to: Sharps Management Service, Pharmaceutical Waste, Controlled Substance and Document Management.
- Interacts professionally with onsite customer staff to ensure service expectations are met or exceeded.
- Maintains a rigid collection and service schedule.
- Communicates duty status on a defined scheduled.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
2+ years’ work experience or Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and tact in providing superior. customer service in a variety of settings and situations.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must possess reliable transportation to travel between customer facilities.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Knowledge of computer/handheld of software applications including spreadsheets, and application-based programs to track daily KPI’s.
Schedule and Location(s):
Start Time: 5:00AM (Mon-Fri)
Mon: Froedtert Hospital (Milwaukee, WI)
Tues: Froedtert Hospital (Milwaukee, WI)
Wed: Froedtert Hospital (Milwaukee, WI)
Thurs: Froedtert Hospital (Milwaukee, WI)
Fri: St. Joseph Hospital (Milwaukee, WI)
*** Schedule subject to change based on business needs***
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.