RESEARCH ANALYST - U.S. GROWTH & CORE (TECHNOLOGY) - #1672005
William Blair & Company
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Chicago, IL
Contract type: Full time
COMPANY DESCRIPTION:Solutions for Today’s Challenges. Vision for Tomorrow’s Opportunities. Join William Blair, the Premier Global Boutique. William Blair has delivered trusted advice for nearly nine decades, and we continue to deepen our expertise and relationships across regions, asset classes, and markets throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia We are committed to our people and culture, values, clients, and local communities What sets us apart is that we are an independent partnership, with employees who have unique experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. We provide advisory services, strategies, and solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs amid dynamic market conditions and varying industries We strive to attract the most qualified, passionate candidates who specialize in investment banking, investment management, private wealth management, and a variety of other business functions We work tirelessly to create an inclusive culture and take pride in fostering employees’ professional and personal growth. We empower our people to bring their best thinking each day so we can deliver the tailored, thoughtful work and problem-solving abilities that our clients expect Equally, we are proud of our long-term partnerships with the communities in which we live and work, a legacy we inherited from our founder We invite you to learn about how we are seeking excellence in everything we do and empowering our clients’ success with passion, creativity, and rigor. For more information, log onto www.williamblair.com
ABOUT THE TEAM:William Blair’s buy-side domestic research team is responsible for identifying quality growth companies that will generate above-average results for clients over time with generally less risk than the market. The team identifies these companies through a combination of rigorous fundamental research and systematic inputs, following a disciplined process that emphasizes team collaboration
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Identify and recommend new investment ideas to assist portfolio managers in generating above-market returns.
- Continue to analyze and monitor developments that impact portfolio holdings for which the analyst is responsible.
- Perform fundamental analysis on sectors and industries to aid in stock selection and portfolio construction.
- Proactively, clearly, and concisely communicate investment recommendations to portfolio managers and other analysts.
- Develop and maintain research relationships including company managements, industry contacts, and research vendors (brokers and analysts).
- Make field trips, interview company executives, and attend industry conferences to stay abreast of changes in company fundamentals and industry trends.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- >7 years of buy-side experience as an analyst in the US technology, media and/or telecom sectors.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CFA, and/or CPA preferred.
- Effectively prioritize time and manage multiple tasks as opportunities and issues arise.
- Ability to analyze/model financial metrics, business strategies, and valuation parameters.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service orientation; respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Works well as a member of industry or portfolio teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of the domestic technology sector.