Principal Software Engineering Lead- Telemetry/Observability - #1672025
JPMorgan Chase & Co
If you are looking for a game-changing career, working for one of the world's leading financial institutions, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Principal Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Telemetry/Observability Team, you provide expertise and engineering excellence as an integral part of an agile team to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Leverage your advanced technical capabilities and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to drive best-in-class outcomes across various technologies to support one or more of the firm’s portfolios.
- Leading a team of engineers to deliver an internal infrastructure platform automating creation of our service and automating provisioning infrastructure changes
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Advises cross-functional teams on technological matters within your domain of expertise
- Serves as the function’s go-to subject matter expert
- Contributes to the development of technical methods in specialized fields in line with the latest product development methodologies
- Creates durable, reusable software frameworks that are leveraged across teams and functions
- Influences leaders and senior stakeholders across business, product, and technology teams
- Champions the firm’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 10+ years applied experience
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience of building a platform service using automation as code practices. Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, Python or Terraform/Ansible
- Experience leading a product as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- Ability to present and effectively communicate with Senior Leaders and Executives
- Understanding of the business
- Practical cloud native experience
- Experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience working with Log Telemetry platforms at scale, e.g. Elastic ELK, Splunk, DataDog or other OpsAI technology
- Experience of running a support team at some point, understanding requirements and challenges of good observability and telemetry.
- The successful candidate is someone that has strong programming fundamentals and can think analytically to leverage data and applicable technology for creating real time insights into the firm’s 3000+ applications.
- Experience in creating OpsAI solutions or machine learning to reduce friction or toil is also a key part of the evolution in this team.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.