Corporate Vice President, Solutions Planning & Roadmap Development Lead - #1672031
New York Life Insurance Co
Location Designation: Hybrid - 3 days per week
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
New York Life’s Purchase Experience (PX) value stream has embarked on an exciting journey to transform the end-to-end purchase experience for New York Life’s agents, clients, and business operations, encompassing all products, including life insurance, annuities, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, business solutions and wealth management.
The Solutions Planning and Roadmap Development Lead plays a pivotal role in steering the Purchase Experience team towards operational excellence and execution. This position is instrumental in coordinating strategic projects, ensuring alignment with organizational budgets, and crafting the roadmap for future initiatives. The ideal candidate is a visionary planner and an exceptional communicator, capable of synthesizing complex ideas and forging strong partnerships across functions. This role demands a unique blend of strategic planning, agile project management, and executive-level communication.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Lead the development and execution of the PX team's strategic roadmap, ensuring alignment with the organization's long-term goals and objectives. Identify critical dependencies and milestones to guide project prioritization and resource allocation.
- Budget Coordination: Collaborate closely with the PX COO, technology and finance teams to align project budgets with strategic initiatives, ensuring optimal use of resources and financial planning, and stand up a monthly/quarterly tracking mechanism of portfolio and operational spend.
- Agile Project Management: Partner with technology teams to implement agile methodologies for the rollout of new solutions and enhancements, ensuring flexibility and responsiveness to changing market demands.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Serve as a key liaison between the PX team and internal/external stakeholders, including technology partners, senior leadership, and cross-functional teams, to ensure cohesive and aligned efforts.
- Communication and Reporting: Develop and deliver executive-level communications and presentations that succinctly summarize project statuses, insights, risks and watch-items, and strategic recommendations.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement: Drive innovation within the PX COO team by identifying opportunities for process improvement, technological advancements, and enhanced customer experiences, and keeping the group up to speed on competitive intel.
- Leadership and Team Collaboration: Act as a strategic advisor to the COO, providing insights and recommendations on project direction and priorities. Foster a culture of collaboration and excellence within the team and across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Technology, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in strategic planning, project management, or equivalent roles within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of developing and executing strategic roadmaps, managing budgets, and leading cross-functional projects.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas into clear, actionable strategies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with experience in senior leadership communication.
- Agile or similar project management certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and foster a collaborative, innovative team environment.
Salary range: $115,000-$175,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 90047