Physician Office Medical Assistant - #1672032
We are a recruiting company EasyHiring looking for candidates for the position of Physician Office Medical Assistant in Springfield MA to work in South Windsor, CT for our partners.
Medical Assistants support providers in ECMPF medical office settings. They are multi-skilled, assume a wide range of roles and are viewed as vital partners in provider quality patient care and increasing medical office productivity. Medical Assistants handle both administrative and clinical duties and must demonstrate acute attention to detail, accuracy, professional etiquette and superior customer service and clinical skills at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of an accredited medical assistant program required.
- Certification through AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NRMA, AAMP, NHA or NCCA- This will be required upon six (6) months of start date.
- Previous experience working in a medical facility preferred.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced confidential medical environment.
- Must be team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
- Sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, care, push and /or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination.
- Ability to maintain working relationships and interact with patients and employees on a daily basis.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to float to other offices when needed.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Greet patient and prepare them for physician examination per established office protocol.
- Keep information in the patient’s chart current per established requirements.
- Documents all sample medication dispensed in the medical record.
- Provide oversight to vaccine program following State guidelines.
- Checks and restocks rooms with necessary supplies and ensures exam rooms are prepared for the day.
- Keep inventory of medical supplies and reports them to Office Coordinator/Practice Manager for reorder.
- Report malfunction of medical equipment to Office Coordinator/Practice Manager.
- Properly cleans and sterilizes equipment and prepares surgical trays as indicated by the physician.
- Assist physician/practitioner with office surgical procedures.
- Perform EKG and Spirometry as ordered.
- Report lab results to patients and follow through with any physician instructions to patients for follow up or change in medication, including scheduling appointment when necessary.
- Answer requests from pharmacies for prescription refills per office protocol.
- Prepare specimens and paperwork to submit to reference lab for testing as directed my physician or midlevel.
- Instruct patients on how to proper collect sterile urine specimens.
- On a monthly basis check all medications (including samples) and appropriately dispose of expired medications.
- Obtain precertifications for tests, procedures, treatments, medications, and hospitalizations as needed.
- Schedule and arrange referrals and outside testing for patients as directed by physician.
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of compliance with CLIA regulations.
- Primary Care staff participates in Patient Centered Medical Home Care Team collaborations.
- May be required to float to other offices and/or perform other duties as requested by Management.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Relocate:
- Springfield, MA: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: On the road