Estimator (Construction/Renovation) - #1672040
CareersWelcome to CQC A fast-paced, dynamic company on a significant growth trajectory
Our mission is to tangibly improve the lives of our customers & our employees.
For our employees, this is evident by the family-like culture that we have built and the many benefits that we provide. We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays. For our field staff, we provide vehicles/vehicle allowances, gas reimbursement and help purchasing tools. In addition, we put together outings and events throughout the year
If you are interested making a tangible difference in the lives of our customers, CQC Home will be a great place for you. Our values of Integrity, Quality, Courage, Passion, Collaboration and Loyalty lay the foundation of everything we do. We care deeply about our clients and are committed to providing the very best remodeling experience from start to finish.
CQC is a community-centered leader in whole home renovation, kitchen remodeling, and bathroom remodeling in central North Carolina. We provide personalized care and visionary expertise to each of our customers, bringing their dream home into beautiful reality.
Specializing in kitchen and bathroom remodeling as well as extensive renovation, we help clients all over the Triangle improve their homes with the kind of caring attention that makes us feel like family. We also offer whole home remodeling and from scratch construction, meeting your needs whether they’re big or small.
We are seeking an Estimator for our growing team. The basic function of the Estimator is to prepare estimates of projected costs of materials, equipment, labor, subcontractors and other associated tasks for each specific project. Additionally, the Estimator is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with qualified subcontractors.
- Prepare and complete all estimates and proposals in a timely and accurate manner for the customer.
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job. Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time. Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with customers. Be involved with product development, identification of new business opportunities.
- Contract for all subcontractor work, on an as needed basis. Ensure that all subcontractors have proper licensing and insurance before proceeding with contractual agreements. The Estimator shares the responsibility to hold subs/vendors accountable for quality, cost, schedule and on-site behavior with the Construction Manager. Will share the responsibility on hiring and firing of subcontractors with the Construction Manager. Will problem solve for subs as needed.
- Availability to travel at least two times a year for educational purposes.
- Ability to develop and or implement any new processes and systems as well as modify any existing processes and or systems.
- Run a Post Production analysis on all completed projects to determine accuracy of original estimate and what was on budget or over budget create solutions to prevent the recurrence of missed budgets.
- Perform any other duties or special projects in the best interest of the company, or as assigned by the General Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years carpentry or contractor, labor-intensive construction experience
- A minimum of 3 years construction estimating experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Able to prepare job estimates, decipher blueprints and analyze renderings for appropriate and accurate quoting of man-hours, materials and subcontractors.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Requires an understanding of architectural and construction administration services, including budgeting, scheduling, planning, specifications, and working drawings.
- Must be familiar with building codes, materials, remodeling estimating techniques. Must have the ability to read, interpret, and review construction plans and job costs.
- Must have working knowledge of software applications used within the company.
- Computer skills including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Google Mail and Sheets
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000 – $75,000 (based on experience/education) plus bonus
Competitive Benefits Package after 3 months
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Opportunities