Project Planning & Scheduling Specialist II - #1672066
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM Seeks a Project Planning and Scheduling Specialist II for NYC Transportation Projects. Looking for a new opportunity in construction planning and scheduling? AECOM is hiring a Project Planning and Scheduling Specialist I to join our team in New York City. This role will be focused on transportation themed projects. This is not a telecommute/remote role.
This person will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and developing schedules for the construction of highways, bridges, and railways
- Utilizing Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Reviewing and performing analyses on construction delays to determine time impact
- Executing project controls functions, including cost analysis, cost and resource loading schedules
- Reading and understanding construction plans and contract documents related to highways, bridges, and railways
- Will be working on construction operations and methods related to highways, bridges, and railways
- Preparing concise schedule analysis reports and verbally communicating with construction teams
- Planning and scheduling concepts and principles, including financial performance impacts
- Will work with data sources and supports basic schedule development
- Supporting the analysis of schedules, identifying and investigating project schedule variances
- Collecting, updating, and producing scheduling reports and assisting in the development and maintenance of a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Supporting basic schedule development and assists in gathering and assembling data for updating schedules
- Supporting the measurement of project schedule progress and gathers and assembles data for schedule and network updating
- Gathering data for schedule baseline development and maintenance and familiar with construction drawings, specifications, and construction contracting methods
- Working with CPM scheduling concepts and principles and develop basic engineering, procurement, and construction logic
- Working with concepts and principles of scope control and change management, as well as earned value methodology
- Assisting in monthly report preparation and participates in planning and scheduling meetings to gain insight into planning and scheduling issues
- Scheduling and cost baseline fundamentals, concepts, and principles at an intermediate to expert level
- Identifying mitigation options, assessing schedule delays, and reviewing time impacts and analyzing critical path changes and impacts
- Reporting on schedule and construction status, running scheduling meetings, and coordinates with construction teams to understand schedule impacts
- BA/BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Experience in Oracle Primavera P6 software
- Master's in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Capability to read and interpret plans relating to highway, bridge, and rail construction
- Ability to create schedules to determine contract time
- Understanding of construction methods for highways, bridges, and rails
- Competency in reviewing construction schedules
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Relocation is not available for this position
Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is: $100k – $145k
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absences, voluntary benefits, perks, U.S and global well-being programs, employee assistance program, business travel insurance, service recognition awards, retirement savings plan, and employee stock purchase plan.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $14.4 billion in fiscal year 2023. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.