Logistics Supervisor - #1672069
International Flavors & Fragrances
Requisition ID : 495455
IFF in Memphis, TN is seeking a Logistics Supervisor to join our team!
This role will supervise a staff of unloading area employees and manage team activities in accordance with production schedules, ensuring unit goals are achieved. The Logistics Supervisor will ensure adherence to established operations and safety policies/procedures. They will maintain standards in the areas of safety, food safety, housekeeping, attendance, operational discipline, process safety management, and scheduled/unscheduled maintenance. The role is responsible for communications up and down the line and for assurance that communications from team members are accurate and complete. They will be responsible for responding to personnel, operational, safety, and environmental incidents.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Models, establishes expectations, and drives accountability in the IFF Core Values.
- Provides 24/7 production coverage support through shift rotation. First call point of contact for production issues/area emergencies.
- Ensures safety in day-to-day activities through execution of site safety policies including proper permitting, safety audits, housekeeping, incident investigation/recommendation implementation.
- Directs production teams, across multiple units, in activities such as coordination of competing production priorities and troubleshooting of process and mechanical reliability issues.
- Works directly with technical resources (engineers, laboratory analysts, etc.) to resolve production issues as well as on continuous.
- Manages improvement activities focused on unit processes and equipment.
- Manages/supports team and team members’ performance including shift staffing needs, overtime requirements, performance appraisals, and identifying and resolving performance issues.
- Maintains electronic employee data including accurate weekly time keeping records.
- Supports development of team member functional knowledge, skills (technical & soft), and abilities through formal training activities and mentorship/coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is desired) plus 1-3 years minimum Manufacturing experience.
- Five years of manufacturing/production facility experience, with two years’ experience in a lead operator or equivalent capacity.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency using SAP and MS Office programs.
- Experience in previous leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
We are a global leader in taste, scent and nutrition, offering our customers a broader range of natural solutions and accelerating our growth strategy. At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for an inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more.