Aging Programs Care Coordinator (Vacancy) - #1672093
City of Columbus
Under general supervision, is responsible for completing comprehensive health and psychosocial assessments of assigned consumers and developing a plan of care which meets the consumers’ health needs; performs related duties as required.
Examples of Work(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties that may be performed.)
- Assesses the health and social environment of consumers to determine needs; documents problem areas and desired consumer goals; develops consumer service and care plans and makes appropriate referrals to various agencies and service providers;
- Makes appropriate arrangements through formal and informal services to meet consumer and agency goals;
- Provides appropriate crisis intervention to deal with personal needs and concerns of clients and caregivers, living conditions, and medical issues;
- Conducts telephone interviews regarding nursing facility admission and community-based long-term care services for interested individuals;
- Interprets and applies program requirements for individuals applying for nursing facility admission or community-based long-term care services
- Conducts pre-admission screenings and desk reviews to determine program and services eligibility
- Monitors services delivered to consumers on an ongoing basis to ensure that the consumers’ health and safety are maintained;
- Makes consumer home visitations to conduct assessments and reassessments in accordance with agency policies and procedures;
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records, documenting in accordance to agency policies;
- Attends meetings and training sessions as assigned
- May recruit individuals to serve as volunteer guardians; may provide advocacy to volunteer guardians through training, support, and guidance
Possession of a valid State of Ohio license as a Social Worker OR possession of a valid State of Ohio license as a Registered Nurse.
Some positions may require the possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Test/Job Contact Information
Recruitment #: 24-0870-V1
Employment Type: Full-Time (Limited)
Should you have questions regarding this vacancy, please contact:
Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging
3776 S High St.
Columbus, Ohio 43207
Phone: (614) 645-7440
Email: [email protected]
The City of Columbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer