Per Diem Medical Assistant - #1672095
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi - national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will have experience as a Medical Assistant and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Responsible for overseeing and participating in day-to-day clinical care of patients
- Performs patient intake process (vital signs, history, medication review)
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Performs clinical procedures (injections, ear lavage,)
- Assists the providers with invasive procedures and minor surgeries
- Maintains clinical logs (exam room maintenance, temperature logs,)
- Submits electronic referrals for additional services
- Enrolls / responds to electronic patient messages in the patient portal program
- Processes medication refills per protocol
- Makes / takes patient calls
- Schedule appointments when required
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program / school, or a Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- Current CPR card for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) -American Heart Association
- Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Experience working in Family Practice, Specialty, or Internal
- Experience in working with HMO, PPO, Medicare
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.