Transportation Assistant - Overland Park, KS - #1672110
This position will have competitive hourly salary.
The Transportation Assistant (TA) plays a crucial role in the overall "day-to-day" freight management of shipments and/or assigned shipping accounts. It is essential for this position to garner customer trust, complement, and supplement the duties of the Account Manager and or Transportation Coordinator. This position has a broad range of transportation and business-related duties including operational, accounting, and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Customer Relationship – Consistent, effective, prompt, courteous, and professional communications with respect to difficult situations such as: relaying service failures with carriers, shippers, receivers, and team members
- Set appointments on new and existing loads from customers – and track and trace shipments
- Responsible for contacting carriers to obtain the status of shipments and monitor shipments for on-time pick-up, transit, and delivery
- Set-up new locations for shipper and/or receiver; assign vendor code, contact vendor to determine shipping dates, hours of operation, and notify shipper/receiver of load status and rescheduling of appointments when necessary
- Ensure required documents are obtained for billing and customer invoicing requirements are met
- Perform additional administrative tasks as requested
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Apply knowledge of organization, communication, conflict resolution, and time management skills
- Use basic computer skills - Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, 10 Key, and Data Entry
- Ability to work with others and be a positive influence on co-workers
- Utilize professional phone and email communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to service both internal and external customers
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive team member and supplier contact with frequent interruptions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work Pattern – Hourly
- Sit, stand, walk, and reach with arms – Completion of paperwork, long consecutive hours of typing and using a computer
- Talk daily to customers and team members
- Ability to hear what the team members and customers communicate
- The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Limited travel
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.