Carbon specialist - #1672142
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
Are you looking to lead the growth of ESG, sustainability and climate change services in an innovative, digitally enabled, purpose driven business? Are you motivated to support customers to achieve business success and sustainability in their businesses and their extended supply chains?
We’re recruiting for a growth focused Carbon Specialist with consulting/assurance experience in the domain of climate change services with focus on carbon offset assurance program and support with GHG Inventory, Product footprint assurance to join our Global Sustainability, Assessment & Assurance team to help us achieve our vision and goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to take an active role supporting the delivery of projects and ensuring service excellence for clients. We help clients implement, improve, and demonstrate their commitment and progress towards authentic sustainability.
You will get the opportunity to \work on a wide range of sustainability services primarily focused on GHG Inventory, GHG emission reduction project, carbon removal project, science-based targets, and task force for climate related financial disclosures.
When doing this, you will get the opportunity to engage with many of the region’s leading companies and brands across a wide range of sectors and to leverage a suite of services and digital technologies to scope sell and deliver innovative solutions.
This position can be remote from anywhere in the Continental U.S.
What You'll Do
The Carbon Specialist will support the delivery for a range of climate change services and may have specialism and expertise in several of them, including:
- Carbon offset assurance program management
- Carbon offset project validation and verification
- GHG Inventory development/assurance
- Regulatory GHG Inventory Reporting for ARB/ Canada
- Provincial Reporting
- Product carbon footprint development/assurance
- Science Based Target setting or modelling
- Sustainability Report Assurance
- ESG, green bonds & sustainable finance consulting, and Climate change
- Responsible for keeping up to date with the requirements of the voluntary and regulatory offset programs and ensuring that internal process is aligned with any changes in the program requirements.
- You will be expected to lead projects and help ensure consistent and high-quality customer care through the following activities: Proactively seeking to identify customer needs throughout the course of delivering sustainability solutions
- Developing tailored solutions with our technical experts to ensure that we can effectively support our customers in their GHG reporting and meeting their carbon reduction objectives
- Coordinating projects, ensuring they are executed to clients’ expectations, on time, on budget and to DNV quality standards
- Leading and communicating effectively within the other sustainability team members and clients
What we offer
What we Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*
DNV is a proud equal-opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment Department ([email protected]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher relevant to environmental engineering, mathematics, or other STEM streams
- 5 years of relevant work experience with 2 years of experience delivering consulting/verification services in carbon offset market
- Proven experience as project manager and/or team leader, delivering service excellence
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in excel and Microsoft products
- Proficient in one or more of the following: GHG inventories calculation, Carbon offset project development or assurance, Life cycle assessments, can effectively communicate technical calculations to a non-technical audience
- Willingness to travel up to 75% and work around the Americas and on occasions overseas.
- Must have current Valid driver’s license
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
What is Preferred
- Good understanding of the voluntary/regulatory carbon offset market (Output based pricing system, VERRA, Gold Standard, or CARB)