Orderly - #1672163
Category(s): Clinical Support, Orderlies
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager. Under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse transports patients to tests and procedures, responds to code blue calls within the area of responsibility to assist as directed, responsible for maintaining equipment and contributes to the overall orderliness and cleanliness of the unit and/or hospital. Ambulates patients.May perform the constant companion role. This description covers the essential functions of the position.
1) On a daily basis, accounts for all unit equipment which is to be in working clean condition to include Dyna Maps, Pulse Oximeters, TABS monitors, Mbile Computer Carts, Bladder Scanner and C-90 tablets. handles routine changing/replacement of equipment parts within scope of responsibility. Checks inspection sticker each time equipment is cleaned and return to Clinical Engineering if inspection is due. Removes and red tages equipment requiring repair.Remove and clean equipment after patient use. Maintains order in storage areas.
2) Makes morning rounds with all unit RN's to assess the need for stretchers, wheel chairs, MRI tables and other assistive devices for patient transport needs. Makes hourly rounds to ensure that the unit environment is orderly.
3) Communicates with unit staff to assess for patients that need out of bed assistance for ambulation around the unit. Obtain chairs as appropriate for out of bed activity.
4) Assists with unit transportation needs to include on/off stretchers for patients arriving/leaving unit. Assists with morgue transport.
5) Relieves intermittent observers and constant companions as requested by the charge nurse.
6) Assembles orthopedic equipment as required.
7) Complete daily standing weights on patients. Reports weight to PCT or RN to put in CIS.
8) Provides for patient comfort and safety – Assists patients with ambulation and positioning under direction of RN.
9) Participates in unit/team projects as requested and commmunicates effectivley with team and patients. Clearly communicates information related to patient to RN.
10) Observes all health and safety requirements including body substances precautions.
11) Demonstrates competency for one-to-one observation of patient based on department and unit specific needs.
Required Work Experience:
1) Demonstrated competency in basic English literacy and mathematics
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Prior customer service experience preferred
2) Prior hospital experience and patient contact preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Must have demonstrated competency in simple mathematics, reading, writing, following instructions and checking of patient records and forms
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.