Brand Ambassador, New York - #1672195
Anglo American / De Beers Group
Who We Are: De Beers Jewellers
As part of De Beers Group, we are The Home of Diamonds since 1888, bringing our pioneering diamond perfection to our clients through over 30 stores and a worldwide digital presence.
At De Beers Jewellers we are committed to guiding individuals on their personal journey of discovery. Harnessing nature’s finest work of art, De Beers Jewellers hand select the rarest natural diamonds, creating distinctive designs, each as unique as its wearer.
The key to success within our brand is an attitude of excellence, passion and delivering for our clients. We seek motivated, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters collaboration, inclusivity and creativity.
Brand Ambassadors work to achieve sales targets and develop client relationships whilst always promoting the brand image and providing the highest standard of service to clients.
- Introduce the Brand to all visitors to the store and explain the history of De Beers to new clients.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the functional and technical elements of the products and diamonds, along with exceptional selling skills necessary to do the job.
- Ensure client information is maintained in a thorough, accurate and accessible manner.
- Nurture client relationships for longer term benefit of the Brand: Engage with your client list, invite them to relevant events and keep them aware of any new products.
- Develop strong negotiation skills to ensure closure of sales.
- To assist with light admin tasks when required.
- Act as an Ambassador for the Brand at all times, maintain the level of excellence in customer service, providing prompt, attentive, courteous and effective service to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the store atmosphere and overall merchandising represent the spirit and essence of the Brand from cleanliness of displays, perfect visual merchandising and good team spirit.
- Be mindful at all times of security within the store.
- Demonstrate a high level of contribution and collaboration in working with others to make the team successful in achieving targets for store sales.
- Show flexibility in adapting to any changes required and the needs and priorities of the business.
- Work with team members to share knowledge and experiences for the benefit of the overall sales effort and development of the Brand.
Total Rewards can be up to USD 125,000 annually which includes a base and commission plan.
- Previous professional experience in the luxury industry with a track record of sales and building relationships;
- G.I.A. qualification preferred but not essential;
- Results and detail-oriented;
- Customer-focused and an energetic team player;
- Experience in the fine jewellery industry is highly desirable;
- Being bilingual would be an asset; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are:
De Beers Group is a company with a sparkling future.
Our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
As a global #HeForShe Thematic Champion, De Beers is committed to promoting an equitable, inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential. Please inform us should there be any special requirements that should be considered as part of your application.
Sustainability is at the heart of our decision-making – it is how we do business. Building Forever is key to our purpose as it represents our ambitious and holistic sustainability framework and is central to our ability to deliver long-term value to our communities and partners. This shapes how we protect our social and environmental license to operate, build a long-term legacy in our host communities and earn consumers’ trust in our diamonds that they can wear with pride.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications