Assistant Project Manager - K-12 Projects ( Construction) - #1672226
Turner & Townsend
Founded in 1952 and formerly known as Heery International Inc., the firm operates throughout the United States as part of Turner & Townsend. It specializes in project and program management for public sector organizations, with industry-leading experts in corporate, cultural, healthcare, justice, sports, K-12 education, higher education, aviation and government facilities.
Recognized for service excellence by a broad spectrum of professional organizations and industry publications, the talented multidisciplinary team at Turner & Townsend Heery exceeds client expectations — adding value, best practice and expertise at every turn. The team's unique client-centric culture is integrated into each project and reflects a passion for the built environment and staying true to the client’s vision.
Turner & Townsend Heery is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to support public-sector projects (such as K-12 education and higher education, and municipal) projects. The focus of work will include master planning for school district programs, project management for individual projects, both educational and municipal, and other duties as assigned.
*Role is Hybrid ( both onsite and remote at times)
- Participates in all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard documents affecting projects, including but not limited to:
- Project design standards
- Programming requirements
- Design and construction contract documents
- Surveys and drawings
- Schedules and cost estimates
- Budgeting and financial reports
- Public procurement requirements
- Interfaces directly with clients to assist in defining and documenting project requirements.
- Assists with planning and programming of projects.
- Assists with preparation of scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimates and budgets, work plan schedule and milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists.
- Conducts simple request for proposals.
- Completes bid analysis with management support.
- Recommends resources to manager and clients.
- Is an integral part of the project delivery resources/team to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed.
- Facilitates project meetings when appropriate.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements.
- Ensures project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines, reports status and variances.
- Assists in creating action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Participates in change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure Client approvals, and issue change orders.
- Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk with management support.
- Implements standard risk management routines with management support, to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and contract documents.
- Working knowledge in MS Project is helpful. Knowledge of contracts and construction practices preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in relevant field and/or equivalent related experience.
- Prior Project Management experience is preferred.
- PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
- Experience working on public school projects in SC is preferred.
*On-site presence and requirements may change depending on our client's needs
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.