Bartender - #1672237
Located in the idyllic town of Washington in Connecticut, Mayflower Inn & Spa is an exquisite country retreat, nestled in 58 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and woodland. Just two hours’ drive from New York City, it is renowned as one of northeast America’s most distinguished luxury hideaways. Memories are made easily when you stay at our boutique hotel in Litchfield County, a portal to a simpler time, where the definitive measure of the good life is in soul-stirring moments rooted in the idyllic countryside.
Join our team as a Bartender and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, you will be responsible for serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring outstanding dining at all times.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assisting guests in beverage and drink preparation, servicing of the bar area and the restaurant in an efficient and timely manner
- Relate with guests about needs, satisfaction with the beverage and drinks, ensuring a consistently caring and high-quality service
- Be knowledgeable about the drink offerings mentioned in the menu as well as all standard drinks to assist guest in choosing their beverage based on likes/dislikes
- Comply with Mayflower Inn & Spa / Forbes standards in use within the Bar and Restaurant outlets.
- Contribute to improving the F&B sales revenues by being knowledgeable about drinks, cocktails, spirits and other menu items, specials and prices
- Accurately and quickly, take and place orders and input them into the Micros system ensuring correct timing and billing
- Prepare the guest check accurately and collect payment or signature, as required
- Operate, maintain and properly clean all bar equipment and fittings
- Ensure that the bar is well-stocked at all times
- Use safe food handling procedures and maintain a safe working environment by using proper food-handling skills and food safety guidelines
- A minimum of one-year experience as a Bartender
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please share with us why you want to become part of our collection.
MFINN2013 LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. MFINN2013 LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MFINN2013 LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.