Guest Care Sales Specialist - #1672242
Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
You are responsible for providing a superior Guest Care experience and assisting in driving sales of automotive repair services and tires. This position is expected to contribute the growth of the business through strong sales presentations to our guest and product and service knowledge. You must be comfortable answering the phone, inviting guest into our store, and making guests feel welcome during their visit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete Monro's training program to enable Guest Care Specialist to execute the Monro selling process.
- First point of contact for customers on the phone and in the store. Responsible for engaging customers, scheduling appointments, building trust, understanding needs, communicating processes and timelines, and presenting needed services following the Monro selling process. Responsible for the organization and productivity of the service business through estimate and invoice transactions.
- Under the direction of management, assists in various aspects of customer care, work order completion and register assistance, facility maintenance, and outside purchase ordering.
- This position is a secondary key carrier responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies. Works with the management team to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
- Able to understand and effectively communicate all products and services Monro offers to customers.
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and health work environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain an organized and neat customer waiting area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- One (1) year of sales experience needed.
- Preferred One (1) year of related experience in the automotive service environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills, able to accurately write sales work orders and effectively explain services to customers.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work, Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enter and locate information on computer.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your next Destination!
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our teammates receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of their careers.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.