RN Registered Nurse, Eating Disorders, Residential On-Call/PRN - #1672245
Discovery Behavioral Health
Discovery Behavioral Health (DBH) is a national leader in behavioral healthcare and one of the fastest growing companies in the field. DBH offers world-class treatment for those struggling with eating, mental health, and substance use disorders, and places a high priority on seeking employees who share our passion for improving the lives we serve.
Since 1997, Center for Discovery, DBH’s eating disorder division, has helped thousands of patients discover their path to the full and rewarding lives they deserve with evidence-based and inclusive treatment options.
Compensation Range: $38-$47/hour
Compensation will be dependent upon geographic region, education, and experience
Our Offer to You!
We are dedicated to empowering our teammates with their professional and personal development by providing:
- 401(k) with company match
- Healthcare benefits
- Vacation and sick days
- Employee referral program
- Employee discounts to various stores, amusement parks, events, etc.
- Training in best practices for telehealth
- Continuing education (CE) programs and training
- Weekly training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities within the organization
The Registered Nurse consults with the physician and psychiatrist to ensure appropriate medical interventions are achieved. The RN meets with each resident, completes a daily assessment, and administers all prescription medication. The RN is responsible for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reports information to the Nurse Administrator, Program Director, and Facility Administrator as needed.
- Developing and initiating the Nursing Care Plan
- Providing clear and complete client documentation
- Implementing Physician Orders
- Counting narcotics daily, logs appropriately
- Meeting regularly with medical staff to discuss client treatment
- Performing primary first aid and determining need for physician notification
- Meeting with each client, completing a daily assessment, taking vital signs and administering all prescription medication
- Assist with meals, dishes, and bathroom observations
- Responsibility for carrying out any orders received from the physician and psychiatrist, and reporting information to the Nurse Administrator, Program Director and Facility Manager
- Understanding the therapeutic process and confidentiality laws, and having strong knowledge of professional ethics
This is a On-Call/PRN position working at our residential Eating disorder program in Fairfield, CT.
For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
***New grads are welcome and encouraged to apply***
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in behavioral healthcare preferred
- Must hold an unencumbered nursing license in the state in which you are applying
Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? Apply anyway! To provide truly innovative care, we need to have a diverse team around us. That’s why Discovery Behavioral Health is committed to creating an inclusive environment. If you find yourself meeting some but not all the above, we’d be happy to consider your application.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce.