VFD Electrician - #1672261
Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible for installing and maintaining the Variable Frequency Drive (VFD), as well as electrical wiring and equipment, generators, air conditioning and alarm system.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the following:
- control logics with PLCs based control
- VFD control logic (conversion and inversion)
- electronically controlled engine/generator sets
- relay control logic
- motor control systems
- Understand PLC controlled systems, the use of PLC software and possess the ability to read and analyze PLC control ladder and other logic.
- Be able to interpret electrical and electronic schematic diagrams.
- Understand electrical and electronic test equipment and their functions.
- Must be knowledgeable of lock-out/tag-out procedures and maintain a willingness to comply with them.
- Cut and trim wiring, make terminations with connectors or solder connections to fixtures, outlets, and other equipment.
- Test circuit connections using the proper electrical test equipment as well as digital generator and VFD monitoring components.
- Install, test, troubleshoot, and maintain electrical equipment such as air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment. As needed, install and repair lighting systems.
- Repair electrical and electronic equipment such as panel lighting, circuit breakers, junction boxes, voltage regulators and reverse current relays.
- Build and install electrical distribution panels for motor starting, operations and multi-dwelling office/camp installations including its accessory equipment.
- Build, install and maintains alarm system.
- Install, calibrate and maintain gas detection equipment.
- Ensure an adequate amount of tools and spare parts are available and, as needed, submit requisitions to Toolpusher / Purchasing Manager for approval.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Must possess all current certifications and licenses necessary to safely perform the functions of this job.
- Should have at least 5 years of specific work experience preferably in the drilling industry.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess adequate PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Initiating & Driving Change
- Result Focused
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
Parker Wellbore provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.