Sushi Chef I - #1672267
Hana Group is a multinational company leading sales in pan-Asian cuisine sold in grocery retailers and commerce marketplaces. The company has tailored brands providing custom collaborations to our partners and to our consumers. Through our distribution company, we are able to deliver on our mission of sustainable sourcing with ingredients that make our food healthy, delicious, and affordable. We aim to CARE about the quality of our service, to ACT to deliver new concepts for finding pan-Asian cuisine, to DARE to deliver sushi and more in new ways to our consumers, and to TRUST in our ability to follow through on customer expectations. We participate in E-Verify and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Description Summary:
The Sushi Chef I position is the entry point into our organization. Used as a developmental role, you will learn to master knife skills, fundamentals of rolling sushi and food safety. The Sushi Chef’s responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice, chopping, slicing and filleting various kinds of fish and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. To be successful as a sushi chef, you should ensure that all ingredients used in dishes are of the highest quality. Ultimately, an exceptional sushi chef should work well under pressure and maintain restaurant quality standards during busy periods.
People Skills, Core Culinary Skills, Product Knowledge, Quality and Food Safety, Profit Knowledge and Waste Control
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cutting, slicing and filleting different types of fish and vegetables
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the STL when quality is sub-standard
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use
- Greeting and communicating with customers to ensure that they feel valued as our customer
This job posting describes the general duties and responsibilities for the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum 6 months in the food service industry; sushi rolling experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Communicate with the customer/member to engage and understand their needs
- Valid food handler’s license, with sound knowledge of food safety regulations
- The ability to stand for long periods of time
- The ability to work under pressure with sound judgement
- Encompass the company mission and core values
Hana Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer