Bulk Driver - #887613
The Class-A Driver position will deliver products to local customers on a scheduled route or intermittently. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints. Engage in loading/unloading truck procedures. Performs pre and post-trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies, and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
- At least 25 years old
- Class A CDL with at least 2 years’ CMV experience — experience must be within the last 4 years, and tanker/hazmat endorsements are required before the hire date
- Graduation from an accredited truck driving school with a diploma will count as 1 year of the required experience
- No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years
- No more than 2 minor tickets in the previous 3 years
- No serious violation ticket (speeding 15+, reckless driving, etc.) in the previous 3 years
- No suspensions of CDL in the previous 3 years except for “Failure to pay child support.”
- No DUI in the last 7 years
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs or more
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
For Immediate Consideration Please Contact Fallon Clark @ 470-720-0218
- Safely perform SOPs specifically related to the handling of Anhydrous Ammonia/Ammonium Hydroxide.
- Communicate in person with customers regarding any SOPs.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are correctly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate driver’s license/endorsements.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; frequent bending is also required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must have basic computer experience (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Some overnight stays may be required on a limited basis.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. The performance of this job in a safe manner and keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
- Drive Cam in trucks.
- No electronics/Bluetooth allowed.
- Zero tolerance for cell and electronic devices while driving an Airgas CMV.
- Airgas operates a modern and efficient fleet.
- Most vehicles are under 6 years old and equipped with driver-friendly technology, such as On Board Computers, collision avoidance technology, latest camera technology and GPS navigation.
MORE About Airgas
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
Qualifications - External
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.