Assistant Project Manager - Waco, TX - #887770
Bowman Consulting Group
To execute through administration, technical and management techniques assigned projects to ensure the successful completion, on time and within allocated budget.
Leadership and Direction
- Supervise work of all project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Provide mentorship through counsel, guidance, and knowledge to junior staff.
At the Operational and Company Level
- Assist with the marketing of the firm’s capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Coordinate with other internal departments to meet project requirements.
Do the Work
- Perform project development for complex projects, including finalizing scope of projects, preparing bid summaries, preparing project budgets and cost estimates.
- Prepare and direct preparation of designs, specification, plans, estimates and reports for projects.
- Review job cost sheets and prepare monthly billings. Ensure assigned projects stay within budget allocation.
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of work-in-process, billings, and outstanding accounts receivable collection efforts.
- Maintain healthy client relationships and possess solid operational insight for driving projects and executing deliverables.
- Maintain close relationships with clients to resolve all project questions including technical requirements, completion requirements and billing inquiries.
- Assist with marketing presentations and attend marketing meetings.
- Assist team leader in securing repeat business from existing clients and identifying new clients.
- Supervise work of project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Liaise with clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on projects.
- Review project changes, pending or anticipated alterations to the contract, additional work requests, and all other factors, which may significantly affect staffing requirements or budget.
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of design problems including field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, detailed review of design computations done by others and general coordination of design aspects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Create own design work using computer-aided or manual drafting techniques.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of projects.
- Perform field investigation or inspections.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Review plans and prepare/review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Drive the profitability and growth of projects.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited direction.
- Understand and accurately interpret financial reports and metrics.
- Be a self-starter with strong marketing/business development.
- Be a “citizen” of the larger organization, breaking down barriers and silos.
- Outstanding client management skills.
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years’ experience within the Site Development Civil Engineering industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Planning, or related discipline.
- Registered Professional in field of expertise.
- Thorough understanding of business and financial principles in a consulting business, as well as municipal codes and regulations.
- A proven track record of innovation, leadership and creativity.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Outstanding technical and computer skills.
- Proven marketing and business development skills.
- The ability to collaborate and team well across offices and be able to facilitate agreements.
- Indoor work/Outdoor work
- Lift/Carry 21-50lbs
- Excessive Noise
- Operating Computer
- Exposure to Hazards/Extreme Temperatures
- Reach Outward/Reach above Shoulder
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Crawl/Squat or Kneel/Bending
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.